If you’re looking for a hearty and satisfying meal that’s easy to prepare, a rump roast with vegetables is a great option. This dish is perfect for family dinners or special occasions and is sure to impress your guests. In this article, we’ll go over step-by-step instructions on how to cook a rump roast in the oven with vegetables.
Before we get started, here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 3-4 lb rump roast
- 4-5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4-5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 tsp dried thyme
- 1-2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1-2 cups beef broth
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large baking dish, combine the cubed potatoes, chopped carrots, and chopped onion.
- Add minced garlic to the vegetables, and drizzle olive oil over the top. Season with salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary. Toss to coat the vegetables evenly.
- Place the rump roast on top of the vegetables in the baking dish.
- Pour beef broth over the rump roast and the vegetables.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake the rump roast and vegetables for 2-3 hours or until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the aluminum foil from the baking dish and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes to an hour, or until the vegetables are tender and the roast is browned and crispy on the outside.
- Remove the rump roast from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
Tips for Success
Here are some tips to help you achieve the perfect rump roast with vegetables:
- Make sure to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the roast. This will ensure that the meat is cooked to the appropriate temperature and prevent it from being overcooked.
- Letting the roast rest after cooking allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more tender and flavorful meat.
- If you prefer your vegetables to be more crispy, you can remove the aluminum foil for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Use high-quality beef broth for the best flavor.
Cooking a rump roast with vegetables is an easy and delicious way to feed your family or entertain guests. By following these simple instructions and using high-quality ingredients, you can create a hearty and satisfying meal that everyone will love. So next time you’re looking for a meal that’s both impressive and easy to make, give this rump roast recipe a try!