This recipe for Roasted Chicken Breasts will elevate your culinary skills and impress your guests! These juicy Split Chicken Breasts have a delectable crispy herb coating on the outside and are tender and flavorful on the inside. You won’t believe how delicious roasted chicken can be!
Table of Contents
What Are Split Chicken Breasts?
While boneless chicken breasts are great for certain recipes, such as chicken piccata or chicken marsala, for a truly succulent roast chicken, you need split chicken breasts. A split chicken breast refers to a chicken breast that still has the bone and skin intact. It may sound fancy, but it’s actually quite simple.
How to Prepare Split Chicken Breasts
Preparing split chicken breasts is a breeze, and the result is a delightful meal that will leave you wanting more. Plus, if you have any leftovers, you can use them in chicken casseroles or make delicious chicken salad sandwiches the next day!
- Preheat your oven and lightly brush the split breasts with olive oil using a basting brush.
- Generously sprinkle your preferred seasonings all over the chicken breasts or use the seasoning recipe provided below.
- Bake until the chicken is golden brown, crispy, and irresistibly delicious!
Cooking Time for Split Chicken Breasts
Since chicken with the bone in takes longer to cook, your dinner will be ready in around 40 to 50 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts. To ensure the chicken is cooked through, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat and make sure it reads at least 165°F. Alternatively, you can cut into one breast with a small knife to ensure there is no pink left inside.
What to Serve With Split Chicken Breasts
Transform this dish into a one-pot meal by adding potatoes and other vegetables to the roasting pan alongside the chicken. Just remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly, depending on the number of vegetables you are cooking with the meat. Here are some mouthwatering pairings for your split chicken breasts:
- Roasted broccoli and egg noodles
- Garlic mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes
- A refreshing tossed salad
Regardless of your choice, this split chicken breast recipe will never disappoint. It’s a foolproof meal that always turns out scrumptious and satisfying.
More Chicken Dinner Ideas
If you’re looking for more delicious chicken recipes, here are some other options to tantalize your taste buds:
- Oven Baked Chicken Breasts – a classic chicken recipe!
- Sesame Chicken – better than takeout!
- Baked Chicken Thighs – a delicious and simple main dish
- Sticky Chicken Drumsticks – a simple 4-ingredient sauce
- Crispy Baked Chicken Legs – tender juicy meat with crispy skin!
- Roasted Cornish Hen – served with seasoned veggies
- Roasted Balsamic Chicken – flavorful and easy
So go ahead and try this fantastic split chicken breast recipe and enjoy a mouthwatering meal that will have everyone asking for seconds! For more cooking inspiration, visit 5 WS.