The Kansas Secretary of State election is quickly approaching, and it’s important to know who the candidates are. In this article, we’ll give you an overview of the candidates running for Secretary of State in Kansas and provide key election details. So, let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
Republican Primary Election
On August 2, 2022, the Republican Party held its primary election to determine the candidate who would represent them in the general election on November 8, 2022. Incumbent Scott Schwab emerged as the frontrunner from the Republican primary for Kansas Secretary of State.
To keep you informed about the upcoming elections, here are some important details:
- Filing deadline: The deadline for filing to run for Secretary of State in Kansas is June 1, 2022.
- Primary: The primary election will be held on August 2, 2022.
- General: The general election, where the Secretary of State will be elected, is scheduled for November 8, 2022.
Candidates and Election Results
Currently, the focus is on the Republican Party’s primary for Secretary of State. For more in-depth information on the Democratic primary and the general election, you can visit the following pages:
- Kansas Secretary of State election, 2022 (August 2 Democratic primary)
- Kansas Secretary of State election, 2022
To understand the context of the upcoming election, let’s take a look at some demographic data for Kansas:
- Total population: 2,906,721
- Land area (sq mi): 81,759
Race and Ethnicity:
- White: 85.2%
- Black/African American: 5.8%
- Asian: 2.6%
- Native American: 0.8%
- Pacific Islander: 0.1%
- Two or more: 3.3%
- Hispanic/Latino: 11.2%
- High school graduation rate: 90.2%
- College graduation rate: 31%
- Median household income: $52,205
- Persons below poverty level: 15%
Please note that these statistics are based on the U.S. Census Bureau’s “American Community Survey” from 2010-2015.
Presidential Voting Pattern
Kansas has consistently voted Republican in the past six presidential elections, from 2000 to 2020.
To get a comprehensive understanding of the election landscape, you can explore demographic information, past elections, and partisan control of the state. The following tabs provide detailed information:
- Presidential elections: Information about presidential elections in Kansas.
- Statewide elections: Information about recent U.S. Senate and gubernatorial elections in the state.
- State partisanship: The partisan makeup of the state’s congressional delegation and state government.
- Demographics: Information about the state’s demographics and how they compare to the country as a whole.
The Kansas Secretary of State election is a significant event, and being informed about the candidates and election details is crucial. Keep a close eye on the upcoming primary and general elections to see who will emerge as the next Secretary of State in Kansas.
Remember, for more articles and information on a wide range of topics, visit 5 WS. Stay informed and exercise your right to vote!