Are you looking to purchase a Nintendo Switch but have already spent all your money on a PC? Or maybe you can’t get one because of the exorbitant scalped prices. It could also be that you’re unable to find one in your area due to limited stock. Whatever the reason, you can still play your favorite games by setting up an emulator. So you don’t have to worry about waiting for a Nintendo Switch. We’ve prepared a guide to help you easily set up the Ryujinx Nintendo Switch Emulator for emulating Nintendo Switch games.
Table of Contents
Choose the Right Emulator
Before we dive into setting up Ryujinx, you need to decide whether you want to use Ryujinx or Yuzu. Both are different emulators for the Nintendo Switch, and only one is needed. It’s up to you to choose which one to use. Some games, like Animal Crossing, may run better on Ryujinx, while others, like Mario Odyssey, run better on Yuzu. So try running some games on one emulator and others on the other. If one emulator proves to be clearly superior, you can uninstall the other. This guide is specifically for setting up Ryujinx. If you prefer to set up Yuzu, then head here.
Setting Up Ryujinx Nintendo Switch Emulator
Step 1: Install Ryujinx
- Go to the official Ryujinx website and download the emulator.
- Extract the downloaded zip file. It will create a folder called “publish.” Rename this folder to “Ryujinx Master.” You can delete the zip file after extraction.
- Open the “Ryujinx Master” folder and run Ryujinx.exe.
Step 2: Set Up Keys and Firmware
- If you encounter an error called “RYU-0001: Keys not found,” you’ll need to download the keys for Ryujinx from here.
- Open Ryujinx and click on “File” > “Open Ryujinx folder.”
- Navigate to the “system” folder, and move the downloaded “prod.keys” file into this folder.
- Restart Ryujinx.
- Go to this website and download the latest firmware.
- In Ryujinx, click on “Tools” > “Install firmware” > “Install a firmware from XCI or ZIP.”
- Select the downloaded zip file and click “Yes” to install the firmware.
Step 3: Add Games
- Go to “Options” > “Settings” in Ryujinx.
- Under the “Game Directories” section, click on “Add.”
- Select the folder where you have downloaded your Nintendo Switch games. You can download games from here.
- Click “Apply.”
Step 4: Adjust Settings
- In Ryujinx, go to “Options” > “Settings.”
- Navigate to the “System” tab and select your current “System Timezone.”
- Check the box labeled “Ignore Missing Services.”
- Go to the “Graphics” tab and check “Enable Shader Cache.” You can also adjust your screen resolution here.
- Click “Apply” and then “Save.”
Ryujinx Nintendo Switch Emulator Successfully Installed
Congratulations! You have successfully set up the Ryujinx Nintendo Switch Emulator. Now you can enjoy your favorite Nintendo Switch games by opening Ryujinx and double-clicking on the game you want to play. If you’re interested, you can also check out our guide for setting up the Yuzu emulator for emulating Nintendo Switch games. Let us know in the comments below if this guide has been helpful to you. You can also explore our other guides on 5 WS.
Note: The images used in this article are from the original source.