Quick Fix: Remove and Reinstall the Disney Plus Channel on Roku
Disney Plus was launched in November 2019 in the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands. It later expanded to Australia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, and over 100 regions in Asia and South Africa.
I was excited to try Disney Plus for the first time on my Roku TV. Being a huge Star Wars fan, I couldn’t wait to stream it on a big screen. However, I came across online forums where users complained about Disney Plus not working on Roku. So, I did some research to find solutions. Read on to learn more!
Table of Contents
Why Disney Plus Isn’t Working on My Roku TV?
The main reasons why Disney Plus might not be working on your Roku TV include poor internet connection, device incompatibility, server issues, outdated app, or corrupted cache files. Fortunately, this is usually a temporary issue that can be fixed.
How to Get Disney Plus to Work on Roku TV?
If Disney Plus isn’t working on your Roku, here are some methods you can try:
1. Check Compatibility: Ensure that your Roku device is compatible with Disney Plus. Roku 1, 2, 3, 4, Roku LT (2700X), Roku Express+, and Roku Express are all supported.
2. Power Cycle or Restart: Restart your Roku device by going to Settings, then System, and selecting System Restart.
3. Remove and Reinstall Disney Plus: Delete the Disney Plus app channel from your Roku TV and check if there is an updated version available.
4. Clear Cache: Use your Roku TV remote to clear the cache. Press the Home button, go to Settings > System > System Update > Check Now.
Is Disney Plus Supported on Roku?
Yes, Disney Plus is supported on Roku. Most Roku devices released in recent years are compatible with Disney Plus. However, you must have the latest Roku OS (9.2) installed to access Disney Plus. Additionally, some 4K Rokus like Roku 4, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+, and Roku Ultra are compatible with Disney Plus.
Here is a list of Roku devices that support Disney Plus:
- Roku 1: 2710X
- Roku 2: 2720X, 4210X
- Roku 3: 4200X, 4230X
- Roku 4: 4400X
- Roku Express: 3700X, 3900X, 3930X
- Roku Express+: 3710X, 3910X, 3931X
- Roku Premiere: 3920X, 4620X
- Roku Premiere+: 3921X, 4630X
- Roku TVs: Including Element, Hisense, Hitachi, JVC, Magnavox, Philips, RCA, Sanyo, Sharp, TCL, and Westinghouse
- Roku Streaming Stick: 3500X, 3600X, 3800X
- Roku Streaming Stick+: 3810X, 3811X
- Roku Ultra: 4640X, 4660X, 4670X
- Roku Ultra LT: 4662X
Which Roku Devices Are Incompatible with Disney Plus?
The following Roku devices are not compatible with Disney Plus:
- Roku LT models (2400X & 2450X)
- Roku HD model 2500X
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku 2 HD models (3000X & 3050X)
- Roku Streaming Stick models (3400X & 3420X)
- Roku HD Model
- Roku 2 XS Model
- Roku 2 HD Models
- Roku LT
- Streaming stick
Why Can’t I Find Disney Plus on My Roku TV?
If your Roku device is too old, it may be incompatible with Disney Plus, preventing you from adding the channel. Additionally, Disney Plus may not be available in your region, causing it to be absent from your Roku TV.
On another note, if Disney Plus is unavailable in your location, you can use a VPN to set your location remotely. For more details, check out this video: WATCH & LEARN: How to Watch Disney Plus Outside the US.
How Can I Find Disney Plus on Roku?
To find Disney Plus on Roku, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Roku device.
- Go to the Home screen.
- Navigate to “Streaming Channels” and press OK.
- Search for “Disney+”. If the Disney Plus channel is available, it should appear. If not, you can download Disney Plus and add it as a channel.
What Does Disney Plus Error Code 42 Mean on Roku?
Error code 42 on Disney Plus indicates an internet connection problem or a timeout error. To fix it, try the following steps:
- Reboot your internet modem/router.
- Close and relaunch the Disney Plus app.
- Restart your device.
- If you’re using a VPN, disable it.
- Ensure that you’re using the latest version of the Disney Plus app.
Why Does My Disney Plus Say “Something Went Wrong”?
If you see “error code 83” or “something went wrong” on Disney Plus, it indicates a device compatibility issue or a connection error. This typically occurs due to a weak internet connection or the use of an unsupported device. To resolve these errors, try the following:
- Check if your device is compatible with Disney Plus.
- Restart your internet modem/router.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Disney Plus app.
- Restart your device.
- Turn off VPN.
Device incompatibility, poor internet signal, outdated software, server issues, or corrupted cache files could be the reasons why the Disney Plus channel is not working on your Roku device. Thankfully, following the troubleshooting methods mentioned above should help you enjoy your favorite shows on the Disney Plus channel.
For more Disney Plus tips and hacks, check out 5 WS!
- How Long Do Samsung TVs Last? (Find Out)
- Do TCL TVs Have Bluetooth? (Answered)
- How To Fix Hisense TV Not Turning On (Explained)