In the world of GTA 5, low-riders reign supreme. These custom vehicles equipped with modified hydraulics provide a vibrant and eye-catching aesthetic. But hydraulics in GTA 5 offer more than just looks – they play a crucial role in certain missions, adding depth to the gameplay experience.
Table of Contents
The Evolution of Hydraulics in GTA
The concept of hydraulics was first introduced in GTA III’s Yardie Lobo, where cars came pre-fitted with them. In GTA San Andreas, hydraulics took center stage during Cesar Vialpando’s mission, where players engaged in a thrilling car dance-off. However, it was in the Low-Rider update of GTA Online that hydraulics truly came into their own. Players can now easily modify their cars at Benny’s Original Motor Works, exploring the full potential of hydraulics.
How to Make the Most of Hydraulics
To fully embrace the power of hydraulics in GTA 5, familiarize yourself with the following tips:
- Adjusting Car Height: Hold “X” for about half a second to raise the car’s height and press it once to lower it down.
- Increasing Hydraulic Pressure: When the car’s height is fully extended, holding “X” will increase hydraulic pressure, causing the car to jump upon release.
- Front and Rear Adjustments: Hold “X” and use the left stick of your remote control to raise either the front or rear side of the car.
- Synchronization for Higher Jumps: By repeating the above process in synchronization with the car’s bounce using the left stick, you can make your car jump even higher.
Top Low-Riders With Hydraulics
If you’re looking to buy a low-rider and customize it with hydraulics, here are the top options available in GTA 5:
The Albany Manana, also known as Manyana Custom, is an iconic low-rider in GTA 5. This vehicle predates the common rider concept and can always be found parked on Groove Street. While it comes with a hefty price tag of $925,000, its unique look and array of customized features make it worth the investment.
Considered a fan-favorite, the Albany Buccaneer is a low-rider that can be easily found on parked streets. With an initial cost of $29,000, upgrading it to Benny’s version will set you back $390,000, bringing the total investment to $419,000. However, the customization options available, such as interior upgrades and improved hydraulics, make it a worthwhile choice.
The Williard Faction is a popular low-rider often seen in GTA music videos. It is priced at $36,000 and can be upgraded to Benny’s version for a total cost of $371,000. This vehicle stands out as the only one in GTA 5 that allows you to add “donks,” giving it a unique and eye-catching appearance.
Albany Virgo Classic
When it comes to hydraulics in GTA 5, the Albany Virgo Classic is always at the top of the list. The base version of this vehicle costs around $165,000, and upgrading it to Benny’s version only costs an additional $240,000, making it a more affordable choice compared to other low-riders. If you want a low-rider without breaking the bank, the Albany Virgo Classic is the perfect option.
The Vapid Chino custom is another fantastic low-rider in GTA 5. With an initial cost of $225,000, upgrading it to Benny’s low-rider version will only set you back $180,000, bringing the total investment to $405,000. This makes it the fifth cheapest Benny’s vehicle in the game, making it a budget-friendly option for those looking to hit the streets in style.
Pros of Using Hydraulics
Hydraulics offer several advantages in GTA 5, including:
- Enhanced Racing Performance: Hydraulics can lower the chassis, decreasing drag and improving stability. This makes them ideal for racing, as they provide better shock absorption and increase torque and momentum, creating a smoother driving experience.
- Off-Road Abilities: By converting low-riders to mini-monsters with hydraulics at Auto Shops, players can navigate traffic and enhance their off-road capabilities.
Cons of Using Hydraulics
However, using hydraulics in GTA 5 also comes with some drawbacks:
- Movement Control Limitations: At times, hydraulics can hinder movement control, making it challenging to steer the vehicle effectively.
- Minor Car Damage: Continuous use of hydraulics can lead to minor car damage. However, in GTA 5 Online, preventive measures can be taken to avoid this issue.
- Torque Lack and Delayed Throttle Response: In GTA Online, cars with hydraulics installed may experience a lack of torque and a delayed response in their throttle, which can affect racing performance. On the flip side, brakes will perform better with hydraulics.
Q1. Which Cars Can Use Hydraulics in GTA V?
A1. Low-riders, as the name suggests, are cars with a low height that often utilize hydraulics. This unique feature allows these cars to bounce, making them stand out from the rest.
Q2. Is It Necessary to Use Hydraulics in Low-Riders?
A2. The usage of hydraulics in low-riders is at the player’s discretion. However, in many missions, using hydraulics becomes necessary to progress.