If you’re craving a juicy and flavorful T-bone steak but don’t have a skillet, fear not! You can still achieve a perfectly cooked steak by using your oven. Here’s how:
- T-bone steak (1 inch thick)
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425┬░F (218┬░C).
- Season your T-bone steak with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (if using) on both sides. Let it rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the steak.
- Place the steak on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. This allows for air circulation and prevents the steak from sticking to the foil.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the steak.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the steak reaches 130┬░F (54┬░C) for medium-rare, 140┬░F (60┬░C) for medium, or 150┬░F (65┬░C) for medium-well.
- Once the steak is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. This will help keep the steak moist and tender.
- Slice and serve the steak on a warm plate.
Tips for Success
- It’s important to let the steak rest at room temperature before cooking it. This ensures that the steak cooks evenly.
- Using a meat thermometer is the best way to ensure that your steak is cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- If you want a charred exterior, broil the steak for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking.
- You can add extra flavor by basting the steak with melted butter or brushing it with a mixture of Worcestershire sauce and olive oil before baking.
- For a complete meal, serve your T-bone steak with a side of roasted vegetables or a salad.
Cooking a T-bone steak in the oven without a skillet is an easy and delicious way to satisfy your steak cravings. With a few simple ingredients and steps, you can achieve a perfectly cooked steak that is juicy and flavorful. So, the next time you’re without a skillet, give this oven method a try and impress your taste buds!