Have you tried making a hot pocket in an air fryer yet? This quick and crispy dish is perfect for a fast lunch or snack. Whether you’re making a homemade version or cooking them from frozen, this air fryer hot pocket recipe is a simple and delicious option.
Air fryers have become a favorite kitchen appliance for many, including myself. They allow you to enjoy all of your favorite recipes with a crispy texture, without the extra calories or trans fats associated with deep frying.
Table of Contents
What Items Do I Need to Make Hot Pockets in the Air Fryer?
- Air Fryer.
- Nonstick cooking spray, olive oil, or parchment paper.
- (Note: Check your air fryer’s user manual to confirm if aluminum foil is allowed).
- Frozen Hot Pockets.
Frozen hot pockets can be found in the freezer section of your local grocery store.
Tips for Perfect Hot Pockets:
- Keep the hot pockets in a single layer and leave room between each pocket to ensure even cooking.
- Serve cooked hot pockets with your favorite dipping sauces, such as pizza sauce or cheese sauce.
- Remember, never preheat the air fryer with parchment paper or foil to avoid any mishaps with the heating element.
Easy Frozen Hot Pocket Air Fryer Recipe
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes. Prepare the air fryer basket by greasing it with olive oil, nonstick spray, or parchment paper.
- Remove the frozen hot pockets from the packaging and place them in a single layer in the basket.
- Air fry the hot pockets for 11-13 minutes, or until they have a golden brown and crispy crust.
- Carefully remove the hot pockets from the air fryer and serve them alone or with your favorite dipping sauce.
(Note: Cooking times may vary depending on the brand and wattage of your air fryer.)
How to Make an Air Fryer Homemade Hot Pocket
To make a homemade air fryer hot pocket, you’ll need a few simple ingredients:
- Pizza dough (canned or homemade).
- Mozzarella cheese.
- Pizza sauce.
- Pepperoni slices.
- Egg and water for sealing and brushing.
- Mix the egg and water to create an egg wash.
- Cut the dough into pockets using a large cookie cutter.
- Top one piece of dough with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni slices. Cover with another piece of dough.
- Seal the edges of the hot pocket using the end of a fork. Brush the tops of the pockets with the egg wash.
- Place the hot pockets in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking process.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Hot Pocket Air Fryer FAQs
How do I store leftover hot pockets?
Store any remaining hot pockets in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, place them back in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until heated through.
What additional ingredients can I add to a homemade hot pocket recipe?
Just like with a homemade pizza, you can add your favorite pizza toppings to the inside of the hot pocket. Consider ingredients such as deli meat, ham, pineapple, bell pepper, diced onion, or mushrooms.
What’s the best crust for a homemade hot pocket recipe?
You have various options for the crust, including simple homemade pizza dough, canned pizza dough, puff pastry, or even crescent roll dough. The choice of crust depends on your personal preference.
For more air fryer recipes, check out 5 WS.
We hope you enjoy making and savoring these air fryer hot pockets! Don’t forget to leave a review and rating of this recipe and share your creations with us on social media. If you have any questions or feedback, let us know in the comments below. Happy cooking!