Are you looking for an affordable and innovative way to enhance your home security? Look no further than Wyze. Known for their high-quality and affordable devices, Wyze offers a range of products that are often too good to be true. One of their most popular products is the Wyze Cam, and the latest model, the Wyze Cam v3, is creating quite a buzz. But did you know that you can also connect your Wyze camera to Echo Show? In this article, we’ll show you how to make this connection and enhance your home security even further.
Table of Contents
What Do You Need to Get Started?
Before we dive into the setup process, let’s make sure you have everything you need. Here’s a list of items you’ll need to connect your Wyze camera to Echo Show:
- A Wyze account
- An Echo device with a screen
- The Wyze app
- A compatible mobile device
- A solid and stable Wi-Fi connection
Once you have these items ready, you’re good to go!
Download the Wyze App and Create an Account
To connect your Wyze camera to Echo Show, you’ll need to download the Wyze app and create an account. The Wyze app is a free mobile application that allows you to control and view your Wyze camera’s live feed. It also enables you to receive motion and sound alerts and even record and share videos.
To get started, simply download the Wyze app from the Amazon Appstore and create your account. Once you’ve done that, follow the instructions within the app to connect your Wyze camera to Echo Show.
Connect Your Wyze Cam to Your Wi-Fi Network
Owning a Wyze Cam is just the beginning; you also need to connect it to your home Wi-Fi network. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Wyze app on your mobile device and tap on “add a product.”
- Select Wyze Cam from the list of available products.
- Choose “set up a new Wyze Cam” on the next screen.
- Follow the prompts to connect your Wyze Cam to your Wi-Fi network.
- Once the connection is established, you’ll be able to view your Wyze Cam’s live feed within the app.
Now that your Wyze Cam is connected, you can start exploring all its features.
Tap the Wyze Cam in the Wyze App and Tap “Edit”
To connect your Wyze Cam to Echo Show, open the Wyze app and select the camera you want to connect. Tap the “Edit” button in the top right corner of the screen. Scroll down to find the “Connect to Alexa” option and tap it.
On the next page, you’ll be prompted to enter your Amazon account information. Once you’re logged in, you can choose the Echo devices you want to connect to your Wyze Cam.
From now on, you can simply say “Alexa, show me the front door camera,” and your Echo Show will display the live feed from your Wyze Cam.
Connect to Amazon Echo Show
To connect your Wyze Cam to Amazon Echo Show, scroll down within the Wyze app and tap “Connect to Amazon Echo Show.” You’ll need to log in to your Wyze account and enter the code displayed on your Echo Show’s screen.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Wyze app on your mobile device and go to “Settings.”
- Select “Connected Services.”
- Choose “Wyze skill” from the menu.
- Scroll down and select your Wyze camera.
- Tap “Enable Skill.”
- Follow the prompts to link your Amazon account with your Wyze account.
- Once the accounts are linked, simply say “Alexa, show me my front door camera,” and your Echo Show will display the live feed from your Wyze Cam.
By completing these steps, you’ll be able to keep an eye on your home even when you’re away.
Tips and Tricks for Using Wyze Cam with Amazon Echo Show
Wyze Cam offers several features that enhance its compatibility with Amazon Echo Show. Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the most of this integration:
- To connect Wyze Cam to Echo Show, use the command “Alexa, discover my devices.” Once connected, you can say “Alexa, show me the [camera name]” to view the live feed.
- You can create custom routines by combining Wyze Cam with other Alexa-compatible devices. For example, you can say “Alexa, when the Wyze Cam detects motion, turn on the living room lights.”
- If you have multiple Wyze Cams set up in your home, you can view them all on Echo Show by swiping left or right.
- To take a screenshot of your Wyze Cam’s recording, simply say “Alexa, take a screenshot.” The screenshot will be saved to your Amazon Photos account.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll make the most out of using Wyze Cam with Echo Show.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I connect my Wyze Cam to the Amazon Echo Show?
To connect your Wyze Cam to Amazon Echo Show, follow these steps:
- Open the Wyze app and tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
- Select “WyzeCam” from the list of devices.
- Tap the gear icon in the top right corner of the WyzeCam screen.
- Choose “Amazon Alexa” from the list of options.
- Turn on the “Display video on EchoShow” toggle switch.
- Tap “Link Account” and follow the instructions to log in to your Amazon account. Once logged in, you’ll be able to view your Wyze Cam’s live feed on Echo Show.
What can I do with Wyze Cam and Amazon Echo Show?
With Wyze Cam connected to Amazon Echo Show, you can view your camera’s live feed or recorded videos by simply saying “Alexa, show me my Wyze Cam.” You can also take snapshots with the command “Alexa, take a snapshot from my Wyze Cam.” To stop viewing the feed, say “Alexa, hide my Wyze Cam.”
How do I disconnect my Wyze Cam from Amazon Echo Show?
To disconnect your Wyze Cam from Amazon Echo Show, open the Amazon Alexa app and select “Settings.” Then, choose “Devices” and select your Echo device. Next, select “Camera Privacy Mode” and toggle off to disable camera feeds on your device.
Alternatively, you can delete your Wyze account by visiting the Wyze account deletion page. Deleting your account will automatically disconnect any cameras associated with it from Amazon Alexa.
If you’re looking for a simple and affordable way to enhance your home security, look no further than Wyze. By using the Wyze app and connecting your Wyze camera to Echo Show, you can easily monitor your home, receive alerts, and even record and share videos. With just a few steps, you can have peace of mind knowing that your home is secure and under your watchful eye, even when you’re away.
You May Like to Read Also: