If you’re a teenager or young adult looking to gain work experience and earn some money, you may be wondering if you’re old enough to work at Lowe’s. In this article, we’ll answer the question “how old do you have to be to work at Lowe’s?” and provide some additional information about working at the home improvement store.
Minimum Age to Work at Lowe’s
According to Lowe’s official website, the minimum age to work at Lowe’s is 18 years old. This means that if you’re under the age of 18, you won’t be able to apply for a job at Lowe’s. However, if you’re 18 or older, you can apply for a variety of positions at the store, including sales associate, cashier, customer service associate, and more.
Requirements for Working at Lowe’s
In addition to being 18 years old or older, there are some other requirements for working at Lowe’s. These include:
- Having a high school diploma or GED
- Being able to lift up to 70 pounds
- Being able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Having excellent communication and customer service skills
- Being able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
How to Apply for a Job at Lowe’s
If you meet the age and other requirements for working at Lowe’s and you’re interested in applying for a job, you can do so online through the Lowe’s careers website. Here’s how:
- Visit the Lowe’s careers website (careers.lowes.com).
- Click on “Search Jobs” and enter your location and desired job position.
- Browse the available job listings and select the position you’re interested in.
- Click “Apply Now” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your application.
It’s important to note that Lowe’s only accepts online job applications. If you’re selected for an interview, you’ll be contacted by a Lowe’s representative.
Benefits of Working at Lowe’s
Working at Lowe’s can be a great opportunity for those looking to gain work experience and earn a steady income. Some of the benefits of working at Lowe’s include:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible scheduling
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Employee discounts
So, how old do you have to be to work at Lowe’s? The answer is 18 years old or older. If you meet the age and other requirements and you’re interested in applying for a job at Lowe’s, be sure to visit the Lowe’s careers website and submit your application online. With a variety of job opportunities, competitive pay, and great benefits, working at Lowe’s can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience for those looking to join the team.